Wednesday, 24 March 2010 is the date for a full-day seminar on developing and operating non-profit organizations in Native communities. Presented in partnership by the Washington State Bar Association’s Indian Law Section, Washington Attorneys Assisting Community Organizations, the Native American Unit of the Northwest Justice Project, and Foster Pepper PLLC, the seminar will cover numerous topics to assist those interested in forming charitable and other non-profit organizations, including:
- Incorporation and Other State Law Issues
- Application for Tax Exempt Status
- Compliance Issues for Public Charities
- Fostering Non-Profits In Indian Country
- Cultural Awareness In Dispute Resolution
Program and registration forms are available HERE, and podcasts of the seminar presentations will be available on this website after the program.